What is CrossFit?
• Functional Movements: Movements you’ll see in real life
• Constantly Varied: Switching it up to keep things fresh & exciting
• High Intensity: We provide opportunities to push yourself & see incredible results
What is OnRamp?
• Six 1-on-1 sessions with one of our coaches
• Teaches CrossFit fundamentals:
○ Movements: gymnastics, weights, olympic lifts, cardio machines, etc.
○ Language: How to interpret workouts & get the most out of them
○ Confidence: We know starting something new can be intimating – this allows you to have an individualized experience to bring you up to speed so you can be ready to jump into classes
Can I do my own workout during class?
• We sell an Open Gym membership (if someone wants to just lift or do their own program), but this perk is available to all our members, including people who do class.
• If it fits into your schedule better, or you want to spend a little extra time working on a skill or getting some extra cardio, this is a great option.
What happens if I can’t do a movement?
Everything is scalable! …meaning our staff knows what ways we can alter the workout to make it the most effective possible for you.
• Depending on the workout it might mean reducing the weight, picking a different variation of a movement, or reducing the number of reps.
• Don’t be intimidated by the workouts. We write the workouts for the best & scale for the rest. Don’t feel like you should be doing the workout as you see it every time, most of our members don’t…that’s why you have a coach!
If I can’t do X, is CrossFit still for me?
• Every single person has things they are working on…even our staff!
• Don’t convince yourself not to do a good thing because you say someone else who doing CrossFit… and “I can’t do that” so I’m just not going to join.
• If you’re a little apprehensive, we can start you 1-on-1 with a coach to help build your confidence.
Should I get into shape before joining?
• That’s like waiting for your high blood pressure to get fixed before going to your doctor …you can do it, it’s just a backwards way to do things.
• But seriously we deal with people -each of them have their own stuff that their dealing with and working on.
• If anything, people are inspired by someone who is now prioritizing their fitness & health, even if it shows they didn’t before.
Can I try a class before joining?
Absolutely, each week our staff determines which workout -on a particular day- will be best for a new person to trial CrossFit.
• Shoot us an email and we can let you know what will be the best day to come try a class out.
Can I start doing 1-on-1 personal training first?
• As mentioned earlier, we have everyone who is new to CrossFit go through our 6 session of OnRamp, which is 1-on-1 with a coach.
• If you feel like you want to continue with additional sessions past that because that’s your preferred way to get in shape & learn the movements before jumping into classes, that’s totally fine and we are happy to do that.
What are your current class times?
All classes are 60 minutes.
• We have a minute-by-minute lesson plan that is specific to each workout we do, so we know we are maximizing the amount of quality work we can get done each class, but also it serves as a timeline for our coaches so we know we will get the workout completed by the 60min mark.
View our current class times here.
What is the experience level of your coaching staff?
Stacey & Ben are full time fitness professionals. This is what we do.
We each had companies in the fitness industry before launching Lumber Capital Athletics.
• These are services that many of our members -and people outside our wall- use and benefit from.
• We’ve been in the game a long time and we have multiple certifications, must notably, we each have our CrossFit Level 2.
• Any coach who takes the floor for class is certified through CrossFit, and beyond that, it is someone that Stacey & I have selected to be there and represent our brand.
• That’s something we will work to protect, and that’s why you will only have professionals coaching you.
Can I come in and talk to a coach about my goals?
• If you still have questions, we would love to have you come into the facility, check the place out and sit down to have a conversation about your goals.
• We’ll help you find the right path so you can accelerate your progress and see the best results.
• Reach out to us via email here. Hope to see you soon!
Looking for a Professional Coach in your Journey?
Look no further. Our coaching staff has the resources & expertise you’ve been searching for!
Subscribe to the Blog